I don’t know about you but one of my favorite things about this time of year is the cool nights. I love sitting on our patio and eating dinner, drinking iced tea, and talking. I love listening to the bugs and watching birds fly around.
So with my excitement to be on the patio more, I wanted to share the ways that we have spruced it up to make it look great this spring and summer.
How to get your patio ready for summer:
1. Clean the table. Our table was pretty dirty from the winter weather even though the patio is covered. A gentle cleaning goes a long way. We got our set at Garden Ridge in Austin 2 years ago for a great price. It’s sturdy and comfortable.
2. Hang lights. Last summer we searched and searched for the little globe lights we wanted. For months everywhere was sold out. Finally Target got more of these in and we snagged 3 boxes. We strung them around the edge and through the middle of the patio covering for a nice glow and ambiance. Plus, we don’t have to turn the main light on which attracts bugs.
3. Get a big lantern. Nothing reminds me of the outdoors more than a lantern. This guy is not only pretty, but functional. Of course, most importantly, it is pretty. We got it at Ikea recently for $15!
5. A tray. I like to corral all of the outside goodies on this cute tray from Ikea (it’s metal) so that they are easy to move if I need to clean the table or put food on it. It brightens the table and makes life easier.
6. Art. Although our backyard is beautiful enough, the hubs hung this awesome plank art on the brick last year. This was a gift from my mom and is from my hometown. Hanging art outside makes the space feel more homey and personal.
Linked up to Liz Marie Blog